You can import any car that has proper ownership documents such as a clean title or salvage title and meets Canada’s Motor Vehicle Safety Standards for its class into Canada. Note that you can only import vehicles with titles branded as non-repairable salvage cars to Canada as scrap or for parts and you may never register it in Canada. Cars older than 15 years are exempt from import regulations (see Canada Border Services Agency for more information). If the vehicle in which you are interested is less than 15 years old, please read “What steps are involved in importing a vehicle to Canada?” and consult Transport Canada or Canada’s Registrar of Imported Vehicles (RIV) for more information.

Did this answer your question?